The Shared Equity Scheme is an alternative home purchase opportunity for social housing tenants. The Scheme began operating in May 2010 and has been made possible through a partnership between Housing ACT and IMB Limited.
The Scheme provides for eligible head tenants to purchase 70% of their Housing ACT property upfront, with IMB providing the finance. The remaining 30% equity of the property remains with Housing ACT. The purchaser agrees to progressively purchase this equity from Housing ACT over a maximum 15 year period.
The following documents outline the various aspects of the Shared Equity Scheme including eligibility criteria, steps in the process and details on how to express an interest in purchasing your Housing ACT home:
Shared Equity Scheme Factsheet [PDF 35KB] [RTF 98KB]
Steps in the Shared Equity Process [PDF 51kB] [RTF 1MB]
Shared Equity Scheme Frequently Asked Questions [PDF 35KB] [RTF 979KB]
Sale Price Valuation Guidelines [PDF 32KB] [RTF 907KB]
Registration of Interest to Purchase Form [PDF 32KB] [RTF 933KB]
Post Settlement Forms
Valuation Request [PDF 35KB] [RTF 277KB]
Notice of Intended Refinance [PDF 37KB] [RTF 265Kb]
Notice of Intended Sale [PDF 38KB] [RTF 263KB]
Notice of Intention of Increase Equity Scheme [PDF 43KB] [RTF 270KB]