Triple Zero (000) Emergency
ACT Community Recovery | Supporting the Community to Recover
Stay Hydrated in Hot Weather
Neighour Day - Sunday 31 March 2013
Connect with your Neighbours
A resilient neighbourhood is one where everyone is willing to help each other, in good times and when things are not going so well. Knowing who lives nearby, perhaps offering to lend a hand or simply letting each other know you’re there are all part of creating connected neighbourhoods and helping to keep your neighbourhood safe.
More information on Neighbour Day.
Emergency Guide and Grab and Go Kit
The Emergency Guide and Grab and Go Kit has been developed to provide you with guidance on how to prepare and act during a range of emergencies.
The Kit includes two parts:
- An Emergency Guide that outlines key emergencies that could occur and how you can prepare for them. This includes how to prepare for emergencies such as earthquakes, bushfires and storms.
- A Grab and Go Booklet that can be used to fill in your details for easy reference during an emergency. This includes space to record emergency contacts, details of neighbours and medical information. There are also tear-out information cards for you to exchange contact details with trusted neighbours.
The information in this Kit will assist you in developing an emergency plan for your home and have all your key information in one place in case you are required to evacuate. There are some things that you can do to make sure you are well-equipped for an emergency or unplanned situation:
- Make an emergency plan in case you need to evacuate your home
- Put together an emergency kit
- Record your medical information
- Keep important contact details together and up-to-date.
If you require assistance with this planning or preparation, talk to your family, friends, neighbour or local community service about how they can help you. Being prepared can help you to remain independent and well-equipped to face an emergency.
If you would like a copy of the Emergency Guide and Grab and Go Booklet, you can download them from this site or find them at the following ACT Government agencies listed below:
- Gungahlin Child and Family Centre: Cnr Ernest Cavanagh St and Gungahlin Pl, Gungahlin 2912, Phone: 6207 0120
- Tuggeranong Child and Family Centre: 159 Anketell St, Greenway 2900, Phone: 6207 8228
- West Belconnen Child and Family Centre: Cnr Starke St and Luke St, Holt 2615, Phone: 6205 2904
- Belconnen Shopfront: Swanson Plaza, Swanson Court, Belconnen 2617, Phone 13 22 81
- Dickson Shopfront: Ground Floor, Dickson Motor Registry, 13-15 Challis Street, Dickson ACT 2602, Phone 13 22 81
- Tuggeranong Shopfront: Homeworld Shopping Centre, Scollay Street, Tuggeranong 2900, Phone 13 22 81
- Woden Shopfront: Woden Library Building, Cnr Furzer & Corinna Streets, Phillip 2606, Phone 13 22 81
- Email DHCSACTCommunityRecovery@act.gov.au